Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 20 - Jenny

The second week of this sequence.  A little less discombobulating than the first week, but still tough to get through.  The final 8 poses or so are so demanding of hip flexibility.  At least three of them require a half Lotus leg position and at least three require a half Virasana leg position.  And Bharadvajasana II requires both!  But I've been plugging through, attempting to do what I can.  My Virasana has improved a great deal in the past couple of months.  My half Lotus is another story, but the journey goes on.  I was pleasantly surprised again at what I could do.  Even in the half Lotus position.  I still cannot fully get into Marichyasana II or Bharadvajasana II, so I stretch the half Lotus leg while bending the other leg as much as I can (foot on the floor, to work towards Marichyasana II).  And everything is progressing and I am a witness to the progression.

Chakrasana has become fun.  I flip right over and push to Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana) with a smile.  What a blast.

I'm surprised that Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana) comes at the very end of a sequence that requires Half Lotus positions, but it is grounding at the end of the practice.

So I'll keep pluggin.  Same sequence next week.  And away we go . . .

No comments: