Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WEEK OFF - Ariana

Rest - Restore - Relaxation

I feel like I need a break. Last week my muscles were heavy, tired and sore. I did go to 2 yoga classes last week (even though I probably should not have) but did not have the energy to do the sequence for week 12 on my own. All I wanted was to do restorative poses. But I did not make time for that either.

Surprisingly, I did not find one mention of restoratives in Light on Yoga. I think that Geeta Iyengar, Mr. Iyengar's daughter, suggests dedicating the first week of the month to standing poses, the second week to forward bends, the third to back bends, and the last week to restorative poses, which includes seated pranayama. I would like to know how this came about because I don't see anything about it in LOY.

So I am taking a break and will resume when I feel ready.

No comments: